Refrigerator salads are a must-have! Refrigerator salads, if you are new to this concept, are salads that can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. This allows you to have colorful and delicious meals every day. This Marinated Cauliflower Salad proves it. This salad gets more when it is refrigerated. All the flavors blend and are soaked up by crunchy cauliflower.
TAKE A SHORT CUTS
This cauliflower salad recipe includes a homemade Italian dressing. However, if you’re looking to speed up the process, you can substitute your favorite store-bought Italian Dressing. One cup is enough, but you can add as much or little as you like.
MAKE IT VEGAN
Parmesan cheese is used in the recipe. However, if you want to make the dish vegan, you can leave it out or add some nutritional yeast.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MARINATED CAULIFLOWER SALAD
This cauliflower salad was served with Garlic Marinated Chicken. It would also be great with Baked Ziti or Pizza Baked Chicken. This is a great dish for potlucks.
HOW LONG IS IT GOOD?
As I said in the introduction, this salad is better if it’s kept in the fridge. You can. Haha. The salad should keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. The best flavor will come around days 2-3. Your mileage will vary depending on how fresh your ingredients are and the conditions in your refrigerator.
SALAD OF MARINATED CAULIFLOWERS
Marinated cauliflower salad is a delicious combination of colorful, crunchy vegetables that have been marinated in homemade Italian Dressing. Ideal for meal preparation!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Marinate Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil ($0.84)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar ($0.40).
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard ($0.06)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning ($0.30).
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper ($0.02)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan ($0.22)
- 1 head cauliflower (2.39)
- 1 2.25oz. 1 2.25oz.
- 1/2 12oz. jar banana pepper rings ($0.90)
- 1 red bell pepper ($1.50
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion ($0.16)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Parsley ($0.08)
- The Dressing should be made first so that the flavors can blend. Combine the olive oil with red wine vinegar, Dijon and garlic powder. Season the Dressing with salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Mix the ingredients or seal the jar with a lid and shake to combine. Place the Dressing aside.
- The stem and leaves of the cauliflower should be removed. Once the stem is removed, chop the cauliflower into small florets about the size of a grape. The chopped cauliflower should be placed in a large bowl.
- Drain the black olives, and then take out the banana peppers. Combine the two ingredients in a bowl with cauliflower.
- Chop the red bell pepper into small pieces. Finely chop the Parsley and red onion. Add them to the bowl.
- Toss the salad with the Dressing. Allow the flavors to absorb for at least 30 mins before storing the salad in the refrigerator. Just before serving, stir again. The cauliflower marinates better when it is refrigerated. This salad will taste even better. To redistribute flavors, stir the ingredients just before serving.
*Store-bought Italian dressings can be substituted for homemade.
Serving Size: 1 Cup Calories: 175.66 Kcal Carbohydrates 8.06 G Protein: 2.69 G Fat: 15.6g Sodium: 431.44mg Fiber: 2.7g