This Garlic Marinated Chicken recipe was hidden in an old meal prep post. But this chicken is so good and simple that I thought it deserved its post. This is my all-purpose, quick chicken recipe. I add it to many meals. Continue reading to discover how this versatile and delicious chicken can be used.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO TASTE LIKE
This Garlic Marinated Chicken should be called Lemon Garlic Marinated Chicken. It is super garlicky and slightly tangy. The lemon juice’s natural sugars caramelize in the skillet giving the chicken a deeper flavor. You can also pair garlic chicken with lemon or garlic because they are versatile flavors.
HOW TO SERVE GARLIC MARINATED CHICKEN
This chicken can be used as a main course with a few sides. It is also great for adding to different recipes. This garlic chicken can be sliced and used to make sandwiches, a salad or a large plate of pasta. These are just a few recipes that could benefit from this garlic-marinated chicken.
- Garlic Parmesan and Kale Pasta
- Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Lemon Pepper Zucchini
- Mediterranean White Bean Salad
- Roasted Broccoli Pasta With Lemon and Feta
- Roasted Vegetable Salad Meal Prep
- Tuscan White Bean Pasta
- Lemony Artichoke & Quinoa Salad
- Garlicky Kale and Ricotta Pizza
- Spinach and Orzo Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Wraps
SUPER IDEAL FOR MEAL PREP
This chicken is perfect for meal preparation! You can cook a few chicken breasts on the weekend and then add the cooked and sliced chicken into your meal preparation for the following days. You can refrigerate the cooked chicken for 3-4 days.
CAN I GRILL GARLIC MARINATED CHICKEN?
Absolutely! You can grill this chicken on any grill: charcoal, gas, or indoor countertop.
Can I use chicken thighs?
This recipe is also great for chicken thighs and requires less preparation! Chicken thighs are already thin, so you don’t have to overcook them often. You can also skip cutting the thighs into smaller pieces like a chicken breast. Marinate the chicken, then brown each side.
GARLIC MARINATED CHICKEN
This easy and versatile Garlic Marinated Chicken can be used in sandwiches, salads, pasta dishes, etc.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup olive oil ($0.52)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice ($0.18)
- 3 cloves minced garlic ($0.24)
- 1/2 Tbsp dried Oregano ($0.15)
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
- Freshly cracked pepper ($0.05).
- 1.5 lbs. 1.5 lbs.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic to a large bowl. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Cut each breast of the chicken into two pieces. Then place the pieces in a bag or on a plate. Pour the marinade over the top. Make sure that the pieces are fully covered with the marinade. To ensure that the chicken is in contact with the marinade, let it rest for at least 30 minutes or eight hours (refrigerated). Turn the chicken occasionally to make sure the marinade gets to all sides.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat until ready to cook. Cook the chicken in the marinade until it is browned on both sides. Depending on how large the pieces are, this will take about 5-7 minutes per side. To avoid overcrowding your skillet, cook two pieces at once to prevent the juices from pooling and ensure browning. The marinade that is left over should be thrown out.
- Let the chicken cool in the skillet. Then transfer it to a cutting board. After five minutes, slice and serve.
This marinade can also be used to marinate chicken thighs. The recipe will make enough marinade to coat approximately 4-6 chicken legs, depending on the size of the legs.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 331.5 kcal Carbohydrates 2.28 g Protein 38.35 g Fat 11.3 g Sodium 432.18 mg Fiber 0.4 g