These delicious quick-baked pork cutlets are made with only a few ingredients and will delight everyone. It is easy to cook the tenderloin of super-low fat pork into fillets. For nostalgia, serve with a mixture of steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs. Whole-wheat preferred
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 large egg white lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place a chef’s knife perpendicularly to the tenderloin at a 45° angle. Slice the pork into four long, thin “fillets”.
- In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, sugar and onion powder. Use a fork to mix the oil into the breadcrumbs. In a shallow dish, lightly beat the egg whites with a fork. Sprinkle cornstarch on the pork slices, and coat them evenly with it. The pork should be dipped in the egg and then pressed into the breading mixture until it is evenly coated. (Discard leftover mixture.)
- Place the pork on the baking sheet. Bake the pork until it is pink in the middle and a thermometer registers 145degF after 14-16 minutes.