Two roasted vegetables and one meat are my favorite dinner “formulas”. It’s so easy, and I love that you can make them all in one pan. This Sheet Pan Cranberry Chicken dinner also included a balsamic Cranberry Sauce that can be made on the stovetop. It’s just three ingredients and takes about 10 minutes to make. This sheet pan recipe is simple and easy to make in fall/winter.
What’s the secret to this elusive substance?
To give the chicken some flavor, I made a simple balsamic-cranberry sauce. It’s simple: whole berry and canned balsamic vinegar, butter, and whole berry cranberry syrup. This sauce is deliciously sweet, tangy and rich.
CAN I USE BONE-IN CHICKEN?
Below are the cooking times and temperatures for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. They have been pounded to a thickness of 3/4 to 1 inch. They cook evenly and quickly because they are pounded to a 3/4-inch thickness. It takes longer to cook bone-in chicken, so it is best to roast them separately.
MEAL PREP IT
These sheet pan meals are great for meal preparation! For quick lunches, portion out the ingredients into individual containers and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
SHEET PAN CRANBERRY CHICKEN DINNER
This Sheet Pan Cranberry Chicken Dinner makes a great weeknight meal and requires little preparation and cleanup.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts ($1.99)
- 1.5 lbs. sweet potatoes ($1.79)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper ($0.03)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.03)
HERB-BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1.33 Lbs. total) ($7.70*)
- 2 Tbsp butter at room temperature ($0.28)
- 1/2 tsp dried sage ($0.05)
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary ($0.03)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.01)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
CRANBERRY BALSAMIC GLAZE
- 1/2 cup whole berry Cranberry Sauce (canned), $0.30
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar ($0.55)
- 1 Tbsp butter ($0.14)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Rinse the Brussels sprouts, then cut them in half. Cut the sweet potatoes into pieces of 1/2-1/2 inches.
- Place the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes on one side of a large baking tray. Each side should be coated with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on the vegetables. Finally, add 1/4 tsp garlic powder to the Brussels sprouts. Mix the vegetables until evenly coated with oil and seasoning. Place the seasoned vegetables in an even layer. Place the vegetable on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the vegetable roast, make the herb-baked chicken. Combine the room temperature butter with the sage, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl. Mix until you have a herb-butter paste.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Cover with plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin or mallet to pound the chicken breasts to a uniform thickness of 3/4 inch. To make two pieces, cut each breast of chicken breast that you have pounded in half. Pat dry the chicken and then spread the herb butter on each piece.
- After the vegetables have been roasted for 15 minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven. Stir the vegetables and keep them on their sides. To make space for the chicken breast, push the vegetables to one side (it’s fine if they stack up slightly). Place four pieces of butter- and herb-coated chicken on a baking sheet. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- After the vegetables and chicken are done cooking, make the cranberry balsamic glaze. In a saucepan, combine the balsamic vinegar and cranberry sauce. Mix the ingredients and heat them on medium heat until they reach a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Stir in the butter and remove the sauce from heat after ten minutes. Put the cranberry balsamic glaze aside.
- After 20 minutes of roasting, check the internal temperature. It should reach 165oF. Bake for another 5-10 minutes if it isn’t. Or until internal temperature reaches 160oF.
- Serve the chicken with the cranberry balsamic glaze. Split the sweet potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts between four plates, and add one chicken piece to each.
*This price is for organic chicken breasts.
Serving Size: 1 serving Calories = 552.53 kcal Carbohydrates= 42.33 g Protein = 35.98 g Fat= 26.03 G Sodium: 779.7 mg Fiber is 4.23 g